At Van Otis Chocolates, we love to share all the pleasant memories that come with enjoying our tasty treats. Whether you're taking a tour of our factory and seeing what our chocolatiers accomplish behind the scenes, or enjoying a class to learn to make some of your favorite confections, our team is here to help share their love of food.
- Caramel Madness: Participants will learn how our delicious, creamy caramel is made, and will learn how to cut caramel and dip it in chocolate - and even take some home. Thursdays at 5 PM through November 15, 2018.
- Chocolate Overload: Are you a chocolate fanatic? If so, this class is for you! During this hour long class, you will learn the basics of tempering chocolate, make a chocolate ganache filling, and prep, fill, and cap molds. You will then get to decorate and pack up your treats to take home with you. Tuesdays at 5 PM through November 13, 2018.
- Truffle Making: Come take part in our hands-on truffle making classes right here at Van Otis Chocolates, which run every third Saturday of the month (except December, March, and April) from 9am-1pm. Next class is Saturday, August 18.
- Chocolate for Dinner: During this class, you will make a round plate out of chocolate, and decorate it with sprinkles and chocolate drizzle. You will learn the art of chocolate molding, and get to make chicken drumsticks, lobster, corn, carrots, and pea pods all out of chocolate. Our final class in this series is Wednesday, August 15 at 2 PM.
- Chocolate Bottle Dipping: Create your very own Dipped Bottle at Van Otis! Bring in your own bottle of wine, liquor, beer, soda, sparkling cider, or purchase one of our fine wines in store to dip here. You will chocolate proof your bottle, dip your bottle, and give it your own special touch of decorations. You will then package your bottle in a bag with a bow to take home or give as a unique gift! (Cost of the class does not include the bottle). Final class in this series is Thursday, August 16 at 5 PM.
Want a behind the scenes tour of Van Otis' candy factory? You can take a "behind closed doors" look at how we get all of those yummy things inside chocolate and try your hand at some of the candy making tasks. (And the nice part is if it doesn't turn out exactly right you can eat your mistakes.)
We can accommodate groups ranging from 12-25 people. Tours normally take an hour, but you will want to allow some time for browsing in our candy and gift store. Tours are appropriate for ages 5 and over.
Tours cost just $5.00 per person, which includes a fun candy making activity and of course, delicious samples!
Reservations are required for all tours year round.
At least 1 week's notice is required to schedule a tour.
Tours typically run Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday between 10am and 4pm.
- We do not conduct Tours during the entire months of December, February, April, June, and July.
- We do not accept walk-ins or same day calls for tours or classes.
- Please give us a call at 800.826.6847 for more information and reservations or just fill out the form below.